Ode to Mary McDonald {inspiration for curtains}

on Monday, October 11, 2010

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


It has been quite a while since the above spread came out in Domino but I still go back to it for inspiration. I thought it was packed full of genius ideas and recently pulled out that issue featuring Mary McDonald to look @ possibly using the curtains in the top picture as inspiration for some window treatments I am trying to tackle for our guestroom, which then led me to think out Mary's new book that just came out, Interiors: The Allure of Style. I can't wait to recieve my copy and feel like Fall/Winter is the best time to get such an interior book based on that fact that she is known to use lots and lots of layers...I crave layers in the Fall. Shall we go down memory lane and take a look @ some of Mary's past interiors that have ben published...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I noticed in the latest issue of Lonny (which happened to be awesome...congrats on its 1st birthday) that it was stated that way down deep Mary is always wearing a ball gown and then said that just like in her new book Interiors has an elegance, romance and flair buried deep down in its high gloss pages.

With that I leave you with high hopes for a very happy week. it is Fall break around here so we are sure to enjoy not having a schedule.