laminating fabric

on Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Photobucket

I have this great little upholstered settee that I have been wanting to use as seating @ our dining table for a few years but can't come to terms with investing in the fabric and the re- upholstery knowing that I have kids that spill five times a day. I have known that one could have fabric laminated but just hadn't taken the time to do the research. Then I came across the above in Southern Living where the homeowner had her ottoman fabric laminated by Custom Laminations. I was so excited to have a source right @ my finger tips that I had to share. I love the concept of not having to sacrifice style for kids. Has anybody ever tried this and how does the process stand up?

Kim Zimmerman used custom lamination for the below kitchen banquette. I also love the below living room pace featured in the Nov '08 Cottage Living. Got to love a good paisley.

Photobucket

Photobucket
{second photo via Peak of Chic}