{the four corners region} inspiration

on Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


I am constantly feeling inspired about where I live. In my opinion I live in one of the most unique corners of the world...I live pretty close to the four corners region where canyons, red cliffs and mesas abound. I think that is why I also have such a fascination with Native American culture. Just made a friend who comes from the reservation near Tuba City, AZ. She has tried really hard to keep her Native American traditions alive. She also gave me some very good leads on where to find reasonably priced old school turquoise jewelry...I'm thinking she ranks pretty high on the new friend list:-) Road trip anyone? Peace pipe anyone? Big Gulps anyone? Just checking to see if anybody reads this because if you do then you will know that sometimes I just write random items of silly business and one of my favorite lines from the movie "Dumb and Dumber" goes as follows,

"Big Gulps huh...Well see ya later" (I swear that line was not scripted into the movie but just happened and they kept it anyway..I think it is the most random part of the movie..hence I like it).

Know what else is random? Tuesdays! It is a day in the week that is sort of just thrown in there. It's not the first day of the week, it's not part of the weekend, it's not hump day and it is not even a Thursday....which at least is one day shy of the start of the weekend and if you make it to Thursday there is light @ the end of the tunnel in a work week.

Happy Tuesday where ever you live!

{images 1- Tory Burch, 2 - J. Crew, 3 - 1st Dibs, 4 - Lotus Bleu via designsponge, 5 - House Beautiful via the roof over my head, 6 - J. Crew, 7 - Peabody Essex Museum, 8 - Ian Carpenter via Armas Designs, 9 - Ann Stratton Photography, 10- Peabody Essex Museum, 11 - designsponge, 12 - unknown, 13 - nuevo-estilo, 14 - Full House}