{puffed kamut ceral}

on Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Photobucket


We have been making our own sweet cold cereal lately and let me tell you that it is one of the easiest ways to make your house smell really good. You may have had puffed wheat as a child..I know I did. As I have grown I have learned a thing or two about grains, kamut being one of them. It is related to wheat but is larger and and many people who have wheat intolerances can tolerate kamut. Puffed kamut is also very inexpensive so it made complete sense that I picked up a bag and made something with it that was kid friendly and mother approved.

Want to try this very unfussy concoction? I am warning you it may be the easiest thing you have ever made.

1/2 cup honey (or a little more depending on what kind of sweet mood you are in)

1/2 cup coconut oil

1 teaspoon cinnamon (or more)

1 teaspoon vanilla

a dash of sea salt

Mix the ingredients together first then pour over the cereal and stir until evenly coated. Place on baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes @ 350. After the cereal has cook for 10 minutes give it a little stir stir and put back in for the remainding 10. Your kids will like it. I know I like it just to snack on. In fact I may be the biggest snacker alive.