{modern art, the boys room & an inspiration piece}

on Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Photobucket

Photobucket


I am a really big fan of artist and sculptor Eduardo Chillida and will occasionally search for one of his lithographs (that's all I could afford) on Ebay which led me to one of my new favorite Ebay shops that is packed full of fantastic art. My husband does not appreciate most of the artwork that I like and fails at seeing the beauty in it the way I do. I love modern & abstract art...which includes many pieces from the 70s. Anyway husband & I collaborated on picking up a bunkbed and painted it together this last weekend. We are making progress even if it is slow. I really (sort of) value his opinion so we are quickly trying to compromise on what the boys' room will look like. Anyway I explained to him that it is just fine to mix a more modern piece of artwork and still have the room look comfortable, rustic and boyish. I had been eyeing the above print on Ebay but completely spaced bidding on it. I visit this particular Ebay sellers shop often and feel like they get some of the best pieces so if you are interested go here.



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I can't wait until the room is done. Also I am feeling very inspired by the striped banners that Elizabeth from Peacock Feathers used @ her wedding and then hung in her home. Go here for the scoop.

Photobucket