Inspiration from Sweet Paul and the weekend

on Monday, September 27, 2010

Photobucket

Photobucket

This weekend I read through the latest online Fall issue of Sweet Paul. I was really inspired to try a new recipe when I saw the above submitted by one of Paul's readers. I also feel the need to tell anybody out there interested in making a delicious stew to give butternut squash and white beans a shot..SO GOOD! Also why pursuing Sweet Paul's latest issue I came across the styling for the below table setting. Loved the concept and many of the simple ideas that went into creating this little set-up.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then in between church, sick kids and painting I was most inspired by my little girl who got up in front of our church congregation and stated the following by heart:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I don't know about you...but sometimes the whole everlasting life thing scares me..haha. Lets be honest though, doesn't everlasting life sound well just that..EVER LASTINGGG at times..and there are just some things should not last longer than a shake of a lambs tail. Good thing I am not basing everlasting life on kids who are puking for a living. Bless their hearts.

As for the boysie's room, we painted it and I picked up some handsome fabric for $1.00 a yrd to make duvet covers. I really love the concept of built in beds or three single beds but we either do not have the space or the budget. Funny thing about that bunk bed....we bought one from IKEA and got it all put together & painted only to find a warning sticker saying it was not recommended for kids under 6, nice. Anyway I think we might be able pull this room together if I can get over mixing navy blue with black because I really want to use that sweet trim. Anybody else have issues with mixing navy and black?

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket



P.S. Just a side note but Modern Manor in Phoenix is awesome. I almost bought the above desk there a few weeks ago.