the whole picture

on Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Photobucket

I woke up this morning feeling a little bit overwhelmed. It is not uncommon for me to get distracted by all of the little things. My brain can almost feel handicapped from all of the clutter that I let infiltrate it. Makes me just freeze up and become less productive at times.

Well as I walked around the house at 6am without any distractions I was able to slow down, take a few quiet moments to reflect, and that is when it happened...I thought to myself, "I need to step back and see the whole picture." I think too often I tend to just focus in on some of the small unimportant things that I lose target of what I want the end result to look like.

Most of what I already need is right here under my nose and I don't need to look elsewhere to complete my life's projects.

Back to the basics for me. Time to go back to the school of simplification and press forward using my resources wisely.

That's all for now.

Does anybody really read this stuff:-)

Just checking because I may just want to share as a bonus one of my most embarrassing moments... I wanted to be a flight attendant when I was 18 years old and had to do my interview in front of 50 other people. We were told when we arrived to give a 3 minute speech on whatever we wanted. I was nervous. My speech went as followed. "Hi, my name is Christina and I am from America", painful silence followed. Then I busted up laughing and said " I mean I am from Arizona". Everybody else in the audience laughed too.

I didn't get the job that time. Still makes my family & I laugh.