Fresh Peach and Gingercream Shortcakes

on Thursday, May 27, 2010

Photobucket


Photobucket
Photobucket

Last week we went to pick peaches. I let the kids pick whatever peaches they wanted without saying anything about it not being a good one or not being ripe..Of course I tried to show them which ones were ripe and good but still we only got a handful that were actually edible. I kept having to say in my head, "All that matters is that they have little successes and build happy memories", so we went with that...hence crappy peaches (I have to repeat that in my head often because believe me it is much easier said then done). My camera stopped working before we got to the orchard which was a bummer because the kids all looked so cute carrying their little baskets.

Anyway with the few peaches that we did have I decided to use this recipe. I chose it because it called for ginger ale. To me ginger ale is one of the greatest inventions. I think I have had one everyday for a week now. If you decide to view the recipe I must warn you that these would be a great way to plumpen up any ol skinny kid because there is so much heavy whipping cream involved. I started to laugh when my girl said "Mom now we know how to make home made whipping cream" She was in charge of mixing the cream until it formed peaks and valleys. I love that she thought that making "home made" whipping cream was special.